Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eggy smell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eggy smell
    Posted: 29 May 2011 at 14:59
Well the coolant change seems to have done the trick,thanks mate
spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 12:34
Thanks for that info m8,good point about the water as i bought car 3 month ago and never even thought about that,and tbh the water does look clear as though it has no coolant in it or very little,a water change it is then a case of seeing what happens,cheers flash
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 21:08

It could well be the water, when was the last time it was changed/top up with anti-freeze ? if you just fill up the system with untreated water it can make the system stink it can also damage the head and lead to the head gasket blowing

new cats tend to smell as there warming up from cold

spud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 15:53
just a quick one,ive got a nasty eggy smell lurking around my 1 litre x reg micra,obviously the cat in my experience,really bad after longer journeys,ive checked all the obvious and the cat bottle on the manifold is fairly new,all looks ok,all bolts are tight,and the rest of the exhaust is new,wonder if its just a slight leak on the cat or a seal,like i say ive checked everything obvious and see any problems,any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated,thanks spud 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic