Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

March K12 Remote Locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52merlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: March K12 Remote Locking
    Posted: 20 November 2011 at 20:33
My imported March K12 needs a new central locking fob/key. However, I don't know if the central locking fobs I can get from eBay, etc., which seem to be for British Nissans, will work with the March. Google  can't seem to differentiate between March and Micra so internet not a lot of help. Anyone have an answer? Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 10:46

it should be standard remote, is the march a special car ??? sr160 ??

just wondering why you imported one, unless it was cheap ??

dont forget when you change the key you will either need to get it programmed or swap the immobliser chips for the NATS, The  central locking you can program yourself

Edited by flash22
52merlot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52merlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 11:24
My March is in Cyprus where they import large numbers of cars from Japan; they drive on the left in Cyprus unlike mainland Europe.
What's involved with programming the key with the immobiliser? Thing to remember is that in Cyprus getting technically complicated jobs done not as simple as the UK.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:12

the imobbiliser will have to be programmed the a nissan consult so it will be a main dealer job

you may be able to remove the chip from the old key and put it in the new one then there will be no need for programming then

52merlot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52merlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 12:05
In Cyprus again and now duly suspicious about immobiliser in that I'm using an 'old fashioned' immobiliser-less key to start the car. I Have the original immobiliser type key which may be dead but it also starts the car. It doesn't work the remote central locking and I cannot get the car to go into program mode to check if it's transmitting (on-off 6 times in 10 secs etc). Just to make things a bit more complicated, being Japanese import I've been led believe it's using 315MHz so getting another working intelligent key in the UK may be problematical.

Any ideas??  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic