Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Pathfinder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bio Diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ2580 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bio Diesel
    Posted: 23 June 2012 at 22:58
Hi - I have a 2005 pathfinder 2.5tdi.   Can anyone tell me if this is able to use bio diesol, and if so do i need to change the filgter to a different grade.

I am now travelling quite a lot of miles and bio diesol seems to be an option to reduce outlay on fuel.
Alfie
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 01:55
Hello and welcome.

To be honest with a 2005 Pathfinder I wouldn't risk it. The pumps overheat really easily if they are not properly lubricated. There isn't enough of a saving on bio to make it worthwhile.

Mick
davy1100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 12:07
the bad thing about bio diesel is getting the right mixture i had a citroen xsara i used to run on it all the time no problem i then started gettin my bio from another garage and the car started running badly had to replace the fuel filter so jus went back to ordinary diesel 
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 16:37
I work at the biggest taxi company in Salford with a fleet in excess of 200 cars, NOBODY uses Bio Diesel.

Don't ask me, i just work here!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 00:44
As davy1100 has said, it's all about the mixture. I work with a guy that makes his own and it is a long process. On top of that he has had to replace fuel filters, injector seals and I think he did a pump seal as well. It's a safer option to stay clear I think.

Mick

Edited by Mick - 25 June 2012 at 00:45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic