Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Patrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4.2 Petrol question / questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4.2 Petrol question / questions
    Posted: 27 June 2012 at 14:15
Hiya, I have the chance of a VERY nice GR SGX, 4.2 Petrol Auto,on an N plate (1995 I think), less than 100k from new and still looks pdg.had my eye on it for a couple of years now
The problem is the old one of mpg, I know it only does about 12 / 13 mpg on a good day, is there any way of trying to improve on that, ii`ve had a quick look at an LPG instalation but am being quoted £1700 to £2000 for that.
Are there any modifications or tuning tips that could help improve a little.

cheers
copey
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 19:52
Over time the LPG conversion will pay for itself but in my opinion that price seems a little high and i'd shop around a bit more.

It's surprising just how much fuel you can save by just lifting off the pedal a tiny bit, learn't this on one of my Bluebirds with the economy gauge on it.

Don't ask me, i just work here!
copey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 21:18
Hiya, thanks for your reply, i`ll do a google on lpg installations see if it can come up with any cheaper options.Thumbs Up
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 01:47
I'm afraid LPG is your only realistic route. You can buy the kits now for about £800 and install yourself. They are not too difficult to do if you are mechanically minded.

I'd like to say look for a diesel instead but they are not that much better. My 3 litre Y61 Auto only did 17mpg which is why I no longer have it.

Mick
copey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:41
Sorry just posted on the wrong link, have a friend with the 2.8 diesel fitted and he`s over the moon with its towing capabilities, they seem to be hard to come by lately, especially the lwb version.

Alan
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 00:21
Having read the post on your intro thread, it seems you are smitten with it anyway lol, i get the feeling you will be buying regardless of the fuel costsWink

Don't ask me, i just work here!
copey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 01:15
You could be so right....LOL

I think the bug has got me   ...Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic