Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

p0340 error after cam chain replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmiikkee1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: p0340 error after cam chain replacement
    Posted: 26 August 2012 at 17:38
Hi All

recently replaced the cam chain on my old mans micra, as we had a p0340 code, now it has been replaced ae have a pending code of p0340 and a iratic idle on startup varies between 400 rpm and 1,500 rpm it runs and pulls ok, but occasionaly stalls then codes, would it be worth while replacing the cps sensor on bank 1?

the car is a 1.2 2003 with 70k k12 engine i think, the cps looks like its located on the front of the gearbox, there also looks to be a similar on to the top of the engine under the air filter, wiuld theis be bank 2 the cam sensor?

had a quick look at the wires they look fine, id there a way of testing the sensors with a multi meter to check and see if they are broken?

any one know the exact part number as the sensors liik quite dirty, i have removed and cleaned the large plastic square front, but thats all i realy know about these engines

any help would be great, ive don a live reading using my obd tool all looks fine, right mas flow settings, ince initial startup the car does settle down to about 850rpm after about 15-20 seconds of hunting

Mike

boo!!!!
mmiikkee1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmiikkee1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 18:18
ive found a sensor i dont know if the part number is correct
ADN17206 its a bluprint number

thanks
boo!!!!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 20:21
Have you by any chance tried setting the base idle? It might be worth disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and then reconnect it and take it for a run. This should hopefully clear the old settings within the ECU and the run will put some new base settings in.

Mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic