Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

99 Almera MK1 1.4 - problems and solutions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilviuG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 99 Almera MK1 1.4 - problems and solutions
    Posted: 11 October 2012 at 17:31
Hello everybody, I just bought a V reg Almera 1.4 Ambition. I have a few problems, maybe someone more experienced can help a bit:

1.Where can I stumble across a service manual? Maybe someone can PM me?
2.The aircon button doesn't do anything, is there anyway to check the airconditioning motor?
3.Some lights in the dashboard do not work, is it too complicated to take them out? Maybe a  tutorial somewhere?

I will add more as I discover them, but I love the road handling so far.

Thank you!
1999 Almera 1.4 Ambition
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 00:00
Welcome to CN

You can normally get the manual on ebay cheap enough.
I take it your the ambition does come with aircon and not just have the button? Maybe worth checkin the fuses, and it will probably need a check over for healthy running anyway, ie leaks and possibly the gas changing.
As for the dash lights, should be straight forward enough, a few screws to remove the plastic cover, this will then expose the dash units mountings, carefully ease the unit out and unplug the wiring, bulbs are normally held in by a twist and pull holder and can be replaced completely or you can just do the bulb, normally a push fit, type of bulb depends on the function.

Some people like to "upgrade" to leds and different colours, depends on your taste, but if you do go that way, buy decent quality, cheap ones dont last long.

Don't ask me, i just work here!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic