Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wont crank when in hot weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wont crank when in hot weather
    Posted: 13 July 2013 at 23:47
Hi all,

K12 wont crank when air temp is raised or ignition barrel/switch has been in sun . If its average weather starts on the button . Have noticed even when air temp raised car will go with a bump start. When it wont turn ..all ignition lights go out as if current still being drawn by starter but with no sign of life from starter .  Any ideas please | 
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2013 at 22:36
Not come across this before but at a guess i'd say a break in the wiring or a solder joint?
Heat will expand it a create the problem

Don't ask me, i just work here!
dale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 21:38
Hi ..spent the day trawling the Nissan dealers ... Turns out its most probably wear in the switch/barrel ....... Cost in vat and labour is £316.51 ... The check is to lift the key when its in the lignition lock and refusing to start ... On thinking back the first symptom was the key seemingly being slightly stiff to turn just prior to the starter being engaged  ... So reckon its mechanical wear causing the problem .. car itself has covered over 90k .. Thanks Dale 
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2013 at 21:15
Had that on one of my Primeras, solder joint was loose on the back so dont condemn the swithc just yet.
Even if it is goosed you should be able to get one from a breakers

Don't ask me, i just work here!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic