Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Members Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JC#79’s Nordic GTT (Updated pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infiniti&Beyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 14:57
who are these yogi nabber and graham guys?
JC#79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC#79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 18:19

Sorry thought they were members on here as well as the other forums I posted this update on...

Anyway they helped with the install & the spraying of the mod.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 19:23
was gunna invite you to the meet David LOL.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Infiniti&Beyond View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infiniti&Beyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 20:00
i was home too... washing my hair
JC#79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC#79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 04:27

Well some of you may have noticed from earlier posts today that there has been another change to my engine bay. With help from Ade (he did most of the work Embarrassed) we sucessfully relocated the MAF & the apexi air filter.

Now the original position of the MAF was causing issues with the fueling/running of the car as it was too close to the turbo. This also had an effect on the mapping of the car so now this is done we expect to release more of the potential from the engine.

Now due to my misunderstanding of the description of what needed to be done to complete the relocation I managed to completely advise Ade the wrong location for the MAF. Embarrassed

Therefore the MAF is currently in a vertical orientation rather than in the oem position (horizontal). Now I am not saying this is the correct or even a good idea but it's where it is for now so I will be keeping an eye on it till I either change it or something goes a miss.

So I guess some pics would be helpful at this time huh??? Tongue

Before:

During:

After:

Yeah I got a bit picture happy but as I was happy with how it looked I couldn't help it. Smile
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 08:48
I cant even see the MAF Rich LOL, but looking good dude.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
JC#79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC#79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 02:10
Ok guys, after visiting Mick from Hi-Tech Motorsports I have some updated figures from the dyno. Now there are three graphs 1st after all checks to confirm the engine was in a sound state to be run.

This confirmed the power that was achieved at the previous RR I attended after the ECU map was altered. The others were after various tweeks to the fuel pressure & with the timing altered to 8* from 15*.

Here are the graphs sorry about the quality I will try & rescan them at a later date:

1st run:

2nd run:

3rd run:

So that is 298bhp at 6133rpm & roughly just under 260lbft at 5900, sorry forgot to ask for a print out of the torque figures was still in shock over the increase without any adjusting of the boost being run (0.9bar) Shocked
johnbr6 View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 00:14

298bhp, wow

wish i asked for a small spin at Anglesey  but anyhoo, was like a blessing seen this car at Anglesey, and even better... it was parked next to my tent so i had an awesome wake up call

Keep up the awesome work, sure there is loads more to come

JC#79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC#79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 00:24

Ok it's been a while since my last update so I thought I'd let all those not in attendance at JAE see the work that went into my recent secret squirrel.

Now incase anyone couldn't spot the new addition it was a Honda accord fibre-glass splitter.

This was blended into the bumper to add curve rather than look like a bolt-on, I hope you all like it as much as I did when it was taking shape?

Now I was there throughout every step of the transformation & took some 200+ pictures but I'll spare you all of them & pic out just a selection. Maybe when I get my arse in gear I'll finish off my project section thread...

Anyway onto the pics:

Before:

During:

Bumper off to have hole for intercooler customised:

Here is John, the man behind all the hardwork:

Bumper back on & intercooler fitted snug, laguna splitter banished:

Offering up for best fit:

Arrgggh he chopped it in half...

Guess who couldn't help but try & help:

High & dry:

Keying bumper for fibre-glassing:

He damaged my club stickers may need some new one's G?

Fibre-glass:

Self-tapers be gone (ground)

Some filler:

Primer going on:

Other bits being sorted:

Little breathing mod:

Masking:

144 Side strips prepped:

Paint going on, must remember a mask next time:

First pics all done just being mopped?

Broken handle be gone:

Out of the shop, daylight strikes the work:

Baby got curves:

Guess who Blue has been teaching?

That's your lot sorry if that took valuable moments that you will never get back again but I needed to share!

Thanks for looking.

JC#79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC#79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 19:14
Hiya guys,

My car is on the shortlist at number 10 so feel free to help us on the way with some of your votes?

http://www.totalcarmagazines.co.uk/idol-nissan-2.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic