Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home ツサ Club Nissan Forums ツサ General Non Car Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas heater problems....Andy B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:17

Well I shouldn't be getting CO as it's room sealed. The flame is inside a large metal chamber so it's gotta be the flue not providing air....I just left it running a few minutes and the flame is ORANGE!!!!!

I presume the soot is because it's overheated or something...

If my batteries last I'll get you some pics.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:18
Mark is there any more numbers after the 8?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:21

No Andy, that's all the digits...

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:21
No its will soot mate due to lack of oxy.

Is the whole flame orange?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:22
Is it a digital meter or anolgue mate?And have you got the point in the right place as there is usually to digits after the point?
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:23
Could you get a close up of your meter mate?Wanna do a calculation to make sure its not over gasing.
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:34

It's analogue, with just the last digit red....

Heres a couple of pics. What I meant about the black on the outside is that the flame is sealed so the soot shouldn't get onto the outside....

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:40
That makes things better,what black stuff might be is burnt dust mate.What sort of smell was it?What was the red digit mate?
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I知 The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:43
Can you see the base of the flame mate?
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:43

I think it must have been ready for turning over on the red digit because we've had the gas fire on for a while and the heater for a few mins extra too and it's still showing...

Come to think of it, the gas fire is burning a bit orange aswell. The upstairs wall heater seems fine though...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic