Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Non Car Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas heater problems....Andy B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:47
Right that little dial on thr right mate is what I need you to watch,each segment is a unit of gas.Start the heater again with nothing else running and time one full rev of that red dial it does not matter where you timr it from.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:48

Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Can you see the base of the flame mate?

I could when I removed the plate from the front and it was nice and blue, but it will be getting oxy from the room then. I'll see if I can when I first light it....

Yep, when I first light it it's blue and just the tip of the flame is orange. Then after a while as you see it gets very orange....leads me to believe the flue may be starving it of oxy.

????

markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:50

Right that little dial on thr right mate is what I need you to watch,each segment is a unit of gas.Start the heater again with nothing else running and time one full rev of that red dial it does not matter where you timr it from.

Hehe, even when taking that pic, cropping it and posting it I didn't notice the dial

Will do...

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:51
If you then do the following equation 3600x1040 divide that by the time it has taken to go around then divide it by 3412 then times by 0.9 which will give you a net KW fig.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 00:54
Originally posted by markbuts3 markbuts3 wrote:

Can you see the base of the flame mate?

I could when I removed the plate from the front and it was nice and blue, but it will be getting oxy from the room then. I'll see if I can when I first light it....

Yep, when I first light it it's blue and just the tip of the flame is orange. Then after a while as you see it gets very orange....leads me to believe the flue may be starving it of oxy.

????

You could be right mate,the base should be blue at all times and the tip orange.If the flame is orange and floppy then we have a lack of oxy mate.
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 01:01

5 mins 15 secs so 315 secs.

I make that 3.135 from your calculation...

Oh and it's bloody cold standing outside in a t-shirt for that long...

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 01:13
Right mate you are aloud a 5% margin over the fig,so yours is just over mate.Best thing to do is get it serviced by a corgi engineer.It is basically just over gasing slightly,however you do have a very old meter there mate and that would be needed to be taken into consideration.Also the gas governor could be ltting to much gas through.Does is say on the heater what the the gas input pressure is?Should be lower that 20mbar.

That calculation you have done mate is called a gas rate,you can then convert that into cubic meters and feet but I wont go into that LOL.
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 01:28

I might have a word with the guy a couple of doors down. He is a gas fitter, we don't speak much but he seems cool...he capped off my kitchen supply a few years ago when I did the kitchen.

Hot setting pressure is 19.0mbar then it says 1.0mbar at the side of it, I assume that's the allowed variance.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 01:36
Yep that sounds fine mate and would be a good idea to get that guy to look at it.
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2005 at 01:39

Cheers Andy.

I suppose I should have paid for British Gas service cover then I'd get an annual service for all gas appliances...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic