Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Non Car Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas heater problems....Andy B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 21:14
Mark,did you get this sorted mate?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 21:21

Not yet Andy. I'm gonna collar my neighbour after the new year about it.

I did clean the burner in the gas fire and that's burning better now.

I'll have to get a new GFCH system fitted soon. I have my sister's old boiler, pump, valves, controller, tank stat, room stat and water cylinder from when she swapped to a combi boiler. I just need a couple more new rads and then it all piping up.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 21:32
You wont be able to fit that boiler Mark,any new install has to be a condensing boiler,unless its not feasible to do so.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 21:34

Since when Andy ?? They still sell boilers that aren't condensing don't they ????

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 21:50
Since April this year mate.Yes you can still buy a conventional bolier,but not many places will sell them now.
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 21:52
Building Regulation Part L Condensing Boilers
All new and replacement boilers in homes should now be of the condensing type, if it is appropriate for your property. A simple procedure will determine whether a condensing boiler can be fitted. This involves assessing the installation along with:

The property type
The fuel
Whether the boiler needs to be moved
The need for an extended flue
The need for a condensing pump or soak-away

All gas boilers must be installed by a CORGI registered installer who will advise you whether a condensing boiler is appropriate for your property and provide you with a declaration form for you to keep. (An OFTEC installer will advise you for oil fired boilers). You should keep this form.

This came into force on 1 April 2005 for gas boilers and comes into force on 1 April 2007 for oil fired boilers.

Condensing boilers are more efficient than the conventional type and are available in standard and combination models. Better efficiency means that your heating bills will be reduced.

markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 22:17

Quote Condensing boilers are more efficient than the conventional type and are available in standard and combination models. Better efficiency means that your heating bills will be reduced.

But cost a lot more in the first instance

P10Gilo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P10Gilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 23:38

i still sell a lot of std efficiancy boilers to plumbers doing fiddles..

have you got a city plumbing supplies near you...tell them that you want a boiler on their price beater account and tell them martin giles from branch 4161 quoted you for this..if you find a boiler that suits you ill ring your local branch and sort it for you..halstead edens are quite cheap and sedbuk A rated and british

Edited by P10Gilo
markbuts3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markbuts3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 23:44

When I can afford it, I'll take you up on that Martin .

P10Gilo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P10Gilo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 23:53
sure ..its just another option for you..ill help out if you need anything
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic